Property Release Form

In the event that a house or other property is photographed, you need to obtain a release from the owner of the property to
photograph the property. A property release is a legal release signed by the owner of property used in a photograph or video granting permission to use or publish the photograph or video in one form or another.

When is a property release needed?
If you are including the depiction of a recognisable private property in photograph, authors do not need one for public property,
such as government buildings (although you may run into problems just from photographing/videoing them, for security
reasons). Most animals in zoos are the property of the zoo and usually cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of zoo.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s